Saturday, January 2, 2010

Excalibur

In high school I make wooden toy swords as a hobbie and through the years they either got lost or taken or I don't know. After heading out to college the last remaining toy sword was this one so I decided I would do something cool with it. So when the inverted box project came around it gave me a good opportunity to do something fun with the remaining sword.





My initial idea was to go out into a forest near my house and bury to box and the sword about half way in the ground to look like Excalibur but when I got out exploring with my sister we found to most interesting looking fallen tree that had an amazing stump where we dicided to put and leave to box and sword.

I may have left something physical there but came back with a better experience.

3 comments:

  1. JJ,
    I think the way you combined it with the wooden sword is great. Did you make that sword when you were a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think I was a junior or senior in high school but in terms of knowing that I was going to do something meaningful (like this) with it, then yes I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete