Sunday, January 3, 2010

Flight of the INVERTED BOX

I had hoped for a tender Tennesse Christmas with my in-laws. I had high hopes of putting my inverted box somewhere in Graceland, with the king. My hopes were crushed as I had to stay in Utah for Christmas. In my state of depression, I was watching re-runs of "Pawn Stars" on the History channel. One of the shows had them buying a hot air balloon. I then had a great idea, make the inverted box take flight as a hot air balloon.
I added a print out with all the inverted box information, and a hand written plea. I am hoping if anyone finds my box, they will write in and let all us know.


Stuffing the info into the box, before I seal it up for the flight.


Putting the balloons on the box. I started with 8 balloons, but the kids popped one in the house, so it had seven balloons when it took off.

My family, and a shirtless neighbor that was curious... helping get the box in position for the trip.


And we are up, up and away!

I thought the box would go towards Salt Lake, but it went towards Arizona right away.







Above was the last picture I could get with the high power lens... Hopefully it will make it to Mexico, or maybe even Peru with the other characters from the movie UP!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. It would be great if someone found it and actually placed a marker on the map where it was found.

    ReplyDelete