Sunday, December 27, 2009

Three Peaks







On Monday the 21st I spent the morning driving in the back hills outside the city of Enoch, UT with my Dad. We approached the location from the south and the road we were on became a cow path and then we just dodged juniper bushes to make our way to the spot. We went exploring around the Three Peaks area and I climbed to the top of a large bolder pile west of Three Peaks. It was fairly difficult because of the snow on the rocks and when I reached the peak it was so windy that my camera tripod kept falling over. I was going to install the box at the peak, but found this niche in the rock and thought it would be a great home for the installation.

The views were absolutely breathtaking.

4 comments:

  1. how serendipitous. :) are you still pulling pieces of the earth you replaced for an installation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I have the sample bags sitting in my studio right now. The mud from the dry lake is still wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Especially the fourth one! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of the first places I was going to place one! Haha. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete